There is only ONE Ultimate because there is only one…YOU
- Brand new 1 Bedroom + Den suite with ocean, forest, mountain and city views
- Self-catered breakfast included in the price (local, fresh, and organic where possible)
- 768 sq. ft.
- Private entrance, self-contained with high-end (Miele/Bosch) appliances
- Italian Granite countertops with tile and premium Canadian Maple hardwood floors
- In-suite laundry, dishwasher and very well outfitted kitchen
- Ultimate BnB has only one rental unit. It’s the best and only one we have: thus the name – Ultimate!
The best holidays include rest & relaxation, pampering, and joyous discovery. Our wonderfully appointed private and fully self-contained ocean-view suite has been carefully designed and outfitted to meet those ideals. Cleanliness, comfort and thoughtful details are a given. And they’re a great place to start, but the real difference maker is service. Lots of people will choose a hotel/resort over a vacation rental for that very reason;on vacation we all want to be ‘spoiled’ a little bit.That’s not to say we wait on you ‘hand and foot’ but we try very hard to go the extra mile for our guests:
- Need a lift from the airport or ferry terminal? We can do that!
- Need a restaurant or theatre recommendation? No problem!
- Need directions to 2 Jack Nicklaus designed world-class golf courses just 15 minutes away atop Bear Mountain? We can help!
With many years of award winning hospitality service, we understand the tiny details that can make a vacation fabulous.
Ultimate BnB is away from city traffic and noise yet minutes to shopping (Big Box & Outlet stores), hiking, golf, and many south-island attractions. Off-street parking and private entrance allow for a come-and-go-as-you-like vacation.
The pampering begins with soothing warmth that greets your toes from our gas-fired in-floor radiant heating system and the humidity controlled HRV system completely recycles fresh-air every 4 hours. As well, our on-demand hot water boiler means you’ll never be out of hot water and complements all our home’s enviro-friendly mechanical systems. As you awake, reach for the remote control, lower the window coverings and take in the breathtaking ocean view. Step up to the window and enjoy the vista before you:
- the 565 acre old-growth forest and lagoon at Royal Roads University
- Fisgard Lighthouse at historic Fort Rodd Hill National Park
- The City of Victoria
- Cruise ships, freighters and plenty of marine traffic
- On clear days, marvelous Mt. Baker and the Cascade Mountain range just behind the San Juan Islands.
Oh, and in the evening, enjoy the same view with the added bonus of twinkly city lights beneath starry skies while relaxing in the soaker tub. Magical!
Ultimate BnB is equipped with Miele and Bosch appliances, Natuzzi Italian leather chaise lounge and swivel chair, solid wood furnishings throughout, tasteful art selections and accents that reflect this gorgeous part of the world you’ve chosen to visit. Your kitchen is well equipped and ready for a culinary adventure or… warming pizza; you choose! Missing something? Just ask, we’ll do our very best to help.
The bed is a queen-sized leather-framed Scandinavian design and there’s plenty of closet space. The tasteful décor found in the bathroom sets the scene for more pampering. The glass door on the shower allows for taking in the view while the Maax Jazz tub was chosen to allow for a ‘pleasurely’ satisfying soak. A convenient ‘towel-tree’ stands beside the Italian granite topped maple vanity.
Need a little space after a long day of ‘togetherness’? That’s where the separate Den comes in. There’s a desk for writing a letter or e-mail. (There’s reliable, no-charge Wi-Fi/Internet throughout the suite). A comfy love-seat to curl up on and read a book or…? For a romantic evening, curl up back in the living room in front of the fireplace and enjoy Netflix, listen to iTunes, YouTube or? A great time to crack open an award winning bottle of Vancouver Island wine; there are many to choose from!
Outside you will find 2 large terraces surrounded by understated greenery so as to not detract from the magnificent panoramic views. Patio furniture is available in-season and a natural gas barbecue is available in summertime.
Some notes about being pampered:
- We only have one rental unit so guests get our undivided attention. That’s why we chose the name Ultimate BnB
- Ultimate BnB is a self-catered bed & breakfast experience. What that means to us is that when we travel we like to operate on our schedule and we like knowing ingredients for the most important meal of the day are supplied, ready for us and are included in the price. The self-catered option allows us to do that. We can create a romantic gourmet brunch after a glorious sleep-in, or grab a toasted bagel, glass of orange juice and a piece of fresh fruit at 7:00 a.m. on our way out the door to whichever adventure the day may hold.
- You can’t miss our lovely productive garden when you arrive. We happily share seasonal offerings when they are available and the garden-bed outside your suite is filled with fresh herbs…please help yourself.
- In the kitchen, award-winning locally roasted coffee from Caffe Fantastico, Silk Road Teas, jams/jellies, etc.
- Toiletries like Salt Spring Island Soapworks)